RSS

iPhone 4- Gevey sim unlock useful tips

October 31

If you are using Gevey unlock and want to upgrade your iPhone to ios 5 , do not directly update it through iTunes. Use redsnow and create a custom os bundle which preserves the old baseband. Detailed steps can be found at – Update to iOS 5 by preserving baseband

After installing iOS 5 you need to activate the phone. Activation is different from unlocking . To activate the phone you will require an original sim (carrier to which the phone is locked). If you do not have the original sim, close iTunes and use redsnow to jailbreak the phone. After jailbreaking, open iTunes and activate the phone.

Now insert your Gevey sim to unlock the iPhone. It works perfectly on iOS 5 and baseband 4.10.1.

Gevey sim problems that I have faced and the solutions

– After the sync with iTunes (over USB), Gevey sim stopped working (you will see no service message). It seems Apple is sending some instructions to phone to disable the Gevey sim. I removed the sim and inserted it again. Then Gevey sim started working.

– To get rid of this problem, I am disconnecting the internet from my machine (on which iTunes is running) while syncing the phone. So far, I did not face any problem with this method.

– After syncing the phone with iTunes over Wi-Fi, Gevey sim stopped working and I spent a lot of time to make it work. One solution that I found is – sync the phone with iTunes (disconnect internet from laptop) over USB then remove the sim and insert it again. Hereafter Gevey sim worked well .

– After downloading GPRS or 3G settings, those settings did not work. To make it work, I restarted the phone, removed the sim and inserted it again.

– If none of those techniques work or if you see invalid sim message: Remove & insert the sim. After few minutes you will see No service message. Dial 112 and end the call in a minute. Turn on airpot and off it in a minute. It will show SIM Failure message. You might get signal by this time. If not, it might have shown you invalid sim message. Now remove the sim and insert it again. And do not do anything. You will see the signal in few minutes.

– If you have jailbroken iOS 5 (currently only tethered jailbreak is available), when you restart the phone you have to use redsnow just boot option to make the phone work. If you Want to restart your phone without connecting it to laptop, one alternative is, use of software restart called respring. Download sbsettings from Cydia and it will show respring option. Now on-wards whenever you want to restart the phone, use respring option.

– Turning on 3g may drops the signal, then remove and insert the sim, gevey displays accept message. Click on it. Wait for 1 minute and dial 112 and hangup. Turn on airplane mode till you see no sim card installed message. Turn off airplane mode. It displays the signal now (even for gevey ultra sim, you have to follow all the steps).

– This technique worked for all kind of signal problems: Remove the sim card when you notice no service message. If you see other messages like invalid sim, turn on and off airplane mode until you see no service message. Insert sim, then gevey displays accept message. Click on it. Wait for 1 minute (you may notice no service message) and dial 112 and hangup. Turn on airplane mode till you see no sim card installed message. Turn off airplane mode. Wait for few seconds. You will notice sim failure, invalid sim message. Later it starts searching for signal and displays the full signal (all the steps are necessary even for gevey ultra sim) .

– Turning on 3g sometimes may show only one signal bar and slowly drops the signal. To get rid of this problem, always first turn on cellular data then turn on 3g.

[Update: 01-Feb-2012]
Gevey sim is working with iOS 5.0.1 (base band 4.10.01). Preserver base band before updating it – Update iOS 5.0.1 by preserving baseband

It is good to update to 5.0.1 because untether jailbreak is available. Which means you can turn on/off phone happily.

[Update: 14-Feb-2012]
When you want to use internet, Turning on cellular data may not work. If it does not work turn on cellular data and data roaming.

[Update: 26-Apr-2012]
Gevey sim is no more required. You can directly unlock your iPhone running on any baseband with SAM unlock method. Details are available at – http://www.iphonehacks.com/2012/04/sam-update-makes-it-a-lot-easier-to-unlock-your-iphone.html

No more gevey sim problems …..

[Update: 03-May-2012]
SAM unlock is no more working. Now the only unlock solution available is Gevey sim. Latest version of gevey sim (Ultra S) also supports iPhone4 – 4.11.08 baseband.

Posted by on October 31, 2011 in iPhone

65 Comments

Tags: , , , , , , ,

65 responses to “iPhone 4- Gevey sim unlock useful tips

1. betting

November 1, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Thanks for that awesome posting. It saved MUCH time 🙂

2. Kanav

November 6, 2011 at 11:17 am

GEVEY will not work with CYDIA on iOS5.

I can confirm that iOS5 with preserved baseband you need to avoid jailbreaking else gevey will stop working and you have to restore again to get rid of cydia.

Kindly confirm if your phone is jailbreaked(semi) and your are on GEVEY

November 6, 2011 at 2:09 pm

My phone (iPhone 4) is tethered jailbroked and I am using Gevey unlock. GEVEY is working with cydia on iOS5 (preserved baseband). I’ve been using this since the day one of iOS 5 release.

3. JerryPhillsen

November 7, 2011 at 4:34 pm

That’s what I was searching for. Thnx for the post. As for me, other stories are not so interesting. Please don’t be offended, simply try to keep quality in this way 🙂

4. Gevey

November 16, 2011 at 1:56 am

What about 4.11.08???????????

November 16, 2011 at 7:25 pm

No unlock solution is available yet for 4.11.08.

5. act prep online free

November 23, 2011 at 3:37 am

Hi from Japan. Forgive me for my not good English. I used MSN’s translator on your page just to tell you how cool I think it is! Take Care!

6. Renai wittacher

December 1, 2011 at 2:51 pm

my sister tells me i spend solution to much time online, and its blogs this way that keep me up through the night. very good stuff my pal, thank you

7. Question

December 4, 2011 at 10:29 am

Lets say I unlocked my iphone 4 4.3.5 using gevey sim and the only jailbreak option I have for 4.3.5 is redsn0w tethered.

My question is, if my iphone dies and I have to reboot it using redsn0w…will that affects my gevey sim? do i have to go through the whole dial 112 etc. to unlock it again?.

December 5, 2011 at 7:53 pm

If you reboot the phone, you have to go through all the steps. If you do not want to do all those steps, buy a gevey ultra sim. It costs around 10$ and automatically pickup the signal.

• Question

December 6, 2011 at 7:37 am

I bought the gevey supreme sim, apparently I was told it do the same as ultra sim. I unlocked it with the 112 method.. and after turning it off then on again.. It automatically pickup the signal.

So if Im going to reboot my phone using redsn0w, does that mean I have to do the 112 steps again?

I want to know before I jailbreak my phone.. and wasn’t sure if the tethered and the reboot will affects the gevey sim,

December 6, 2011 at 8:32 am

jailbreak will not affect the gevey sim. After you boot with redsn0w, as you are having supreme sim, the phone automatically pickups the signal. I am using gevey ultra on my iphone 4 (ios5 tethered jailbreak).

8. Question

December 6, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Nice!, Thank you for the so much.

9. Gevey

December 11, 2011 at 6:23 pm

What do you know about unlocking iOS 5?
    I have one and don’t know what to do with this (iPhone 4S).

December 11, 2011 at 11:37 pm

Currently no unlock is available for iPhone 4s. May be you can go for permanent unlock by contacting some agents and they will charge around $60.

10. blq

December 22, 2011 at 8:29 pm

I take pleasure in, result in I found exactly what I used to be having a look for. You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

11. invest liberty reserve

December 28, 2011 at 8:45 pm

iPhone 4- Gevey sim unlock useful tips SECURITYLEARN I was suggested this website by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my trouble. You’re wonderful! Thanks! your article about iPhone 4- Gevey sim unlock useful tips SECURITYLEARN Best Regards Yoder Nick

12. elcs

January 4, 2012 at 3:56 pm

it’s exactly what we always tell our customers to do it, we may link your web for more detail to how to get it works well.

13. Racheal Kroh

January 4, 2012 at 5:29 pm

This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks!

14. Unlock iPhone 3G

January 23, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.

15. iPad 2

January 25, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Brilliant article bro. This unique is just a totally nicely structured posting, just the important information I was hunting regarding. Cheers

16. Ward

February 12, 2012 at 7:52 am

I have an iPhone 4 iOS5 with preserved baseband , its only getting one signal with the givey :/
    Baseband: 2.10 .04
    Please help!

February 12, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Purchase a latest version of gevey sim. That might help.

17. iwayan santika

February 14, 2012 at 5:55 pm

i use givey on my iphone the signal is working good but the only thing is doesnt is when i want to connect to the internet or 3g is doesnt work everytime i got like “cellular data network not available” i trying to disable the network but it still doest work. do any body could give me a help???

February 14, 2012 at 9:27 pm

First download & configure cellular network settings, if you don’t know call your carrier customer care and ask them for settings. After downloading the settings restart your phone. Later turning on both cellular data and data roaming might solve the problem.

• iwayan santika

February 16, 2012 at 9:14 am

do the letest version of givey can solve the internet problem?
        to satish B : thnk for your help and one more question does the cellular network setting is available in cidia???

• satish b

February 16, 2012 at 6:36 pm

You dont need download any app for settings. Reset all the network settings then your carrier automatically detects the required settings.

18. iwayan santika

February 16, 2012 at 9:06 am

thanks for your help, but i have to download a cellular network setting on cidia right….??? i will try it. i must get a wifi conection to do that

19. iwayan santika

March 3, 2012 at 9:48 pm

i did but never got it. the signal allways said could not activate the cellular data network

20. danielle ruiz

March 12, 2012 at 1:31 am

I found your post through google. My iphone 4 is currently at 04.10.01. I have the gevey sim in already with service however whenever I shut off my phone, I have to do the steps all over again. Is there any way around this?Also, it wont save my number in the settings – not sure if that matters or not. My phone usually dies at some point or another so this is what really worries. please let me know if you have any advice or any solutions for this problem! thanks in advanced!!

March 13, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Seems you are having an older gevey sim . Purchase a Gevey ultra sim. Gevey ultra does not require all those steps .it automatically detects the signal upon mobile restart.

Check the gevey version :Settings- general – about- carrier – carrier lab v11.0

Gevey ultra will have versions greater than 11.0

21. iwayan santika

April 30, 2012 at 6:57 pm

i still never get internet signal on my i phon i use gevey v10.0
    is there any solution for this thanks for your recomend

April 30, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Turn on cellular data and data roaming. It would work.

22. Vinay

May 20, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I am on 5.0.1, BB 04.10.01, Vodafone India

Earlier my Edge was working fine, but suddenly I got a network drop and it stopped working. I have downloaded APN from unlockit.co.nz Tried everything but failed, please help.

May 20, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Turn on ‘Data Roaming’ along with ‘Cellular Data’. That might help.

• Vinay

May 20, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Tried, not working.

May 20, 2012 at 5:01 pm

On iPhone, reset network settings and Restart the phone.

23. aaaa

May 28, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Hello,

I’m having a new issue. I currently ugraded (preserved baseband) to 5.1.1 Everything is working, but only for 1-2 minutes. After that, I get “INVALID SIM” after it searches for a bit. I’ve had this gevey sim, and it’s been working perfectly for over a year.

Very confused why this is suddenly happening.

May 28, 2012 at 6:39 pm

sorry I am not sure about the problem. May be 5.1.1 screwed up gevey sim.

24. aaaa

May 28, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Oh and under settings/about it’s “Carrier Lab 12.0” Not sure if this is new or old?

25. Govind Mendiratta

June 4, 2012 at 10:32 am

Hi Satish,

Thanks for the awesome post man..
    it was really great.

I am facing some issues like

1) when i go through area with weak signals i get No service thing after that i leave that No service still persist.
    This does not happens regularly but 5 out of 10 times.

2) When i turned on 3G, i was not able to make any calls, there was message call failed.
    this still persisted even if i turned 3G off.

3) Every time i get No service, i have to take my Sim out and re insert it?
    isn’t there any work around for this?

I am using iPhone 4 IOS 4.3.3 baseband 4.10.01
    India, Vodafone Network operator.
    in Settings -> About -> Carrier Vodafone 10 is displayed.

June 4, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Thanks.
      1) latest gevey sim will solve the problem. It automatically capture the signal when you move from weak signal to strong signal place.
      2) I dont know
      3) When you notice no service – go to settings->phone->sim applications. Here you will find gevey sim related options. Click on any option. It will show gevey accept message on screen. (if you don’t find sim applications menu, you have to remove and insert the sim).

26. Satish inder

July 27, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Pl. Help me, i have 5.1 version iphone 4 s and my phone is jv unlock, the prob is that while my gprs is turned on and iam on call the signals get dropped and i have to unplug sim and plug it again which is a big hassle for me! Any solutions??? Please??

July 28, 2012 at 8:51 am

No other alternative to my knowledge.

• PRADEEP

December 5, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Hi Sathish, Seems you can help me out- I am not a technical person at all, I have recently purchased an I phone 4 its jailbreaked and using Genvy Sim and it is good, But i want to use it – Like downloading & uploading songs, videos, files e.t.c and would like to update to Higher OS please guide me, and kindly keep in mind i am good reader and a copy cat….Hope your guidence will be usefull to me and many other basic users…

• satishb3

December 5, 2012 at 6:44 pm

You can connect to iTunes and upload songs & videos. Don’t upgrade the OS. If you upgrade, gevey sim may not work. What is the current iOS version ?

• PRADEEP

December 6, 2012 at 10:25 am

hi sathish, I dont know how to see the current version but it seems Below IOS 5, I Want to upgrade it to Higher or even to IOS 5, And when i connect to I tunes msg says My SIm does not support and i am unable to use Itunes. Please help

• satishb3

December 10, 2012 at 7:28 pm

You can only update to iOS 6 and it gevey sim may not work. If you want to add songs, user other alternatives for iTunes. Ex: sharepod

27. gaci

January 25, 2013 at 7:56 pm

with Gevey sim can I reset network seetings

• satishb3

January 25, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Yes. You can reset settings.

28. gwerit

February 21, 2013 at 5:20 pm

hi ! i just wanna ask if turning off the cellular data affects performance of gevey sim? and if im using gevey sim is it okay to turn off my phone? (: thanks

• gwerit

February 21, 2013 at 5:23 pm

im using iphone 4 4.10.01 version 4.3.3 thanks

• satishb3

February 21, 2013 at 9:26 pm

cellular data does affect the performance. Yes you can turn of the phone. But when the phone gets restarted, you need to follow some steps to get signal.

29. Jeremy

June 4, 2013 at 12:16 am

Do you have to pay for 3g?

30. Al

June 7, 2013 at 9:14 am

Help me out here i turn on cellular than 3 g and gevey stil stops working ios 4,3 no jailbrake

31. Corinne

June 26, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Tried all your advice, but non of it worked for me. After jailbreaking and starting it with gevey, I get the Accept screen. But then when i have to dial 112 my phone does not get 1 line of signal at all.
    Anyone experienced that problem before?

32. Danish

July 27, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Hi ,
    I am using Iphone 4 with Gavey sim when i connect the internet and after removing from internet sim signal shows No Service and i need to restart the mobile and call 112 e.t.c. stuff to activate the phone service,on a daily base i need to repeate these steps ,is there any one who comment on this and give me some advice. how to get rid of this situation.

33. jack

December 11, 2013 at 8:09 am

Thanks

34. whizkid

May 23, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Am using iPhone 4S and my gevey is working correct but when I receive a call u don’t see the name of the contact any help please

• satishb3

May 23, 2014 at 9:01 pm

If you add country code to the contact then it will display the name. Ex: In India, if I add +91 to the number then it displays the contact name.

35. khenly

December 11, 2014 at 6:34 am

hi,i need help,my phone is iphone 4,i erase all my data,settings.now when i turn it On again,Insert a valid sim wit no pin lock to activate your phone,what should i do?i use a givey Sim,.please Help me??,,,

• satishb3

December 11, 2014 at 8:19 am

what is ios version ? google for how to hacktivate that ios version.

36. mudassir

December 20, 2014 at 11:15 pm

Dear i am using jv sim and yesterday i have changed my sim and now it is asking for activation required

• satishb3

January 2, 2015 at 9:46 am

Whenever a sim is changed iPhone needs an activation token. Google for hactivation of your particular iPhone model and version.