RSS

Windows 7 – WiFi HotSpot

February 27

To browse internet on your mobile a Wireless connection is required. But in home mostly we will have a wired internet connection & a Laptop. To create a wireless network you can purchase a wireless router or you can turn your windows 7 laptop as a router. This article explains about how to turn your windows 7 laptop into a wireless hot spot.

Steps to create a hot spot on Windows 7 laptop

• Navigate to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center
  • Click on setup a new connection or network and choose setup a wireless ad hoc (computer to computer) network
  • Click Next and give a name for wireless network (you can create open/WEP/WPA2 type hot spots).
  • Upon creation of a network, it will show Turn on Internet Sharing. This allows other devices connected to this hot spot to browse internet.

The above steps will create a wireless hot spot and shares the internet over hot spot with other connected devices.

If you face any trouble during internet sharing, navigate to Control Panel -> Network and sharing center -> Change adapter settings -> Right click on LAN Connections and choose properties. In the LAN properties navigate to Sharing tab and select Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection option and select wireless network connections from the drop down list.

If you don’t want to mess up with any network settings, free tools are also available to create Wi-Fi hot spots on Windows 7. Free tools are – virtualrouterconnectify me.

Posted by on February 27, 2012 in Windows

11 Comments

Tags: , , , , , ,

11 responses to “Windows 7 – WiFi HotSpot

1. Vinitha

March 7, 2012 at 11:27 am

Great tutorial, thanks for your share

2. Simplo

May 14, 2012 at 9:27 am

Nice to share. I found another way to turn your windows 7 laptop into a wireless hotspot. All you need is a free software named Virtual Hotspot. It’s easy to install and use. Only several clicks, you can turn your laptop with any system into a wifi hotspot. And then you share the internet access point with your family and friends. Devices like iPone, iPod, NDS, Wii can connect to the free hostpot. A good way to save your time and money. Most importantly, it’s free, free, free again. Try google Virtual Hotspot.

3. Kiran

December 19, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Hi, I have followed the steps mentioned but did not work for me. I am using data card (Tata Photon) and wants to share the internet in my room for mobile devices. I have create the wireless adhoc connection as mentioned and in my network connections, I have connected to the wireless connection and it says waiting for users to connect but the network is not available in my mobile. I don’t want to use any tools can you help me with this, please?

• satishb3

December 20, 2012 at 6:16 pm

have you shared the internet connection from control panel-network settings?

• abhilash

January 14, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Use Virtual Router Manager v0.9 Beta for creating Hot spot..For your problem it is best option

• Bikash Shrestha

February 10, 2013 at 7:14 am

Virtual router says “it can’t be started”, therfore can’t say best option.Intial setup it was working fine but later error came up.

• KK

January 24, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Well, the problem is that most of the mobile phones to do not connect to adhoc connections. Try using other softwares like connectifyMe or virtual router. In case u use connectify, try to get an earlier version of it as the new version asks you to pay for using internet dongle to create hotspot.

4. Bikash Shrestha

February 10, 2013 at 7:13 am

Adhoc doesn’t work for mobile phones but seems fine with laptop/desktop and only for single device.

5. Anonymous

February 26, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I couldn�t refrain from commenting. Very well written!

6. deal max

March 18, 2013 at 6:02 pm

hotspot my laptop sharing internet connection

7. Marilee Cly

February 27, 2014 at 12:47 pm

I want to connect Lenova with Vista to hot spot but do not know how to do this.