Apple is not releasing the updates for Mac OS Lion Developer edition, so DP4 vm became older now and the latest version of Xcode (4.5) is not working on it. To install the Mountain Lion on Vmware follow the steps provided below.
Mountain Lion VM:
1) Download VMware workstation 8 – Torrent Link
2) Enable hardware virtualization in the computer BIOS – If you don’t know how to do this, Read this link
3) Download Mac OS X Mountain Lion Vmware Image - Torrent Link
4) Vmware does not support the virtualization of OS X. To unlock the Vmware, extract the Mountain Lion Vmware image and go to ‘VMware Unlocker – Mac OS X Guest\VMware 8.x Series\VMware Workstation Unlocker – Windows’ folder. Right click on the ‘Install.bat’ and run it as administrator. It patches the Vmware and allows the installation of Mac OS X.
5) In the extracted vmware image, click on the .vmx file and it will load the Mountain Lion VM.
1. Edit virtual machine settings, go to ‘Cd/Dvd’ and use ‘VMware Unlocker – Mac OS X Guest\VMware 8.x Series\Tools\darwin.iso’ as iso image.
2. Power On the virtual machine and click on Finder. Click on the iSO image listed on the right side and install the vmware tools. Vmware tools installation displays ‘The Installation Failed’ message and that is expected.
3. Restart the VM and now it supports the Full screen mode.
1. Open Mac AppStore and login with iTunes account.
2. Search for Xcode and install it. It installs the Xcode 4.5 & iOS 6 simulator.
Note: I tried updating the VM to Mountain Lion 10.8.2 but not succeeded.